6 Reasons your skin may be unhealthy:
1. Stress. Need I say more. Stress takes so much out of our body and minds and the body needs to release it somehow, usually the skin reacts by breaking out. Try destressing, taking a walk, meditating, or doing something you love but you no longer allow time for.
2. Stop Smoking: Smoking robs the body of oxygen which in turn breaks down collagen nad elastin while taking moisture out of the skin and leaving it dull and gray.
3. The Sun..Need I say more once again! The sun damages, dehydrates, and causes pigment spots. Wear sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses to prevent further damage, and don’t forget to have a skin check yearly by your dermatologist.
4. Diet – If nothing changes, nothing changes. Make healthier eating choices and your skin will reflect those smarter choices. Fruits, veggies and whole foods.
5. Water water water. Dehydration is one of the main causes of unhealthy lifeless skin. Make a mental note to find ways to incorporate water into your life, without it you will begin to notice fine lines and wrinkles sooner than later.
6. Exercise! Exercise is good for every part of your body, especially your skin. Exercise is important because it helps stimulate the lymphatic system, which keeps everything moving, especially the blood. Proper blood flow is crucial to healthy skin.